New Baseball Director Needed
As you hopefully know, our organization is nothing without its volunteers. Lago Lindo has a history of having some amazing volunteers. Every once in a while, we lose one of those volunteers because sometimes volunteers just need a break. After 9 amazing years with Lago Lindo, Darryl Clifford has decided to step down as our baseball director. Volunteers like Darryl can never be easily replaced because their efforts have forever left an imprint both with the program and the community .
But with Darryl leaving, this creates an exciting opportunity for someone in our community that may have shared Darryl's passion for the sport, and desire to make our community great. We're looking for that parent we know is out there in Lago Lindo that hopefully wants to carry on the legacy Darryl has created, and perhaps brings a few new ideas they feel could improve it. We firmly believe that bringing new blood into an organization is usually a good thing because new people bring new ideas.
Some of the responsibilities of the Baseball Director include:
- Ownership of the direction of the baseball program in Lago Lindo
- Registering players with the NEZ Sports Council on behalf of Lago Lindo
- Work with the NEZ Sports Council to build the teams
- Manage and distribute the inventory of equipment and uniforms
- Attend the NEZ Sports Council meetings as the representative from Lago Lindo
- Attending community league meetings to report the status of the program, as well as to vote on important subjects pertaining to the development of the community